We intend to host an entirely in-person conference, while closely monitoring COVID-19 developments. We will follow the recommendations of the CDC and Wisconsin Department of Health Services. As few mitigation strategies are currently in place, for now we are establishing mitigation strategies to help prevent the spread of the virus. If things improve substantially between now and the meeting, we may soften some of the requirements, but for now these are the protocols to ensure a safe and productive meeting.
The protocols that will apply to all those who attend the meetings are:
- All who attend are recommended to have completed a vaccination series that is accepted by national and/or international health and safety agencies.
- All who attend must wear face masks properly when indoors (i.e. over mouth and nose) except while eating, drinking, and/or presenting.
- This means all audience members must remain masked throughout the entire session.
- We also ask that attendees keep their masks on while getting their coffee, snacks, or other food, and only remove their mask when necessary. We also encourage everyone to have conversations, coffee, and/or snacks outside as much as possible.
- Please also wear your mask throughout the hotel property and only remove it in your hotel room.
- The meetings coordinator and hotel staff reserve the right to refuse physical access to any session or event to anyone who refuses to follow these rules. By registering for the conference, attendees agree to follow the rules as detailed above.
Finally, hotel reservations at the conference rate close on August 14, and pre-registration for in-person attendance will end on August 31 (early-bird rates end on August 1). Please ensure you have reserved your room and registered by those dates. More information can be found on the EHA website in the Meetings section. Please reach out to the meetings coordinator at Jeremy.email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
If you wish to keep abreast of the latest information regarding COVID-19 in Wisconsin, here is the link to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm