The Economic History Association owns and operates the EH.net website and mailing lists to provide resources and promote communication among scholars in economic history and related fields. The Economic History Society (U.K.), the Business History Conference, and the Cliometric Society also support the site.
EH.Net began in 1994 as the Econhist internet discussion list. It added several other discussion lists and was chartered in 1996 to provide a wide range of internet-based services to economic historians, historians of economics, economists, historians, related social scientists and the public.
These services include research abstracts and book reviews, a collection of course syllabi, a directory of economic historians, the EH.Net Encyclopedia of Economic and Business History, several databases, and numerous links to websites related to economic history.
The Economic History Association became EH.Net’s owner in 2003.
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price Fishback, Executive Director
- David Jacks (Simon Fraser University), Chair
- Susan Wolcott (Binghamton University)
- Mike Haupert (University of Wisconsin, La Crosse)
- Lee Alston (University of Colorado), Board Representative
Affiliated organizations of EH.Net provide financial support toward the operation of our website and electronic discussion lists. They receive web services and inclusion in the EH.Net on-line Directory.
The following are the organizations currently affiliated with EH.Net. Organizations interested in becoming Affiliated Organizations should contact Price Fishback.
Abstracts in Economic History
- Franklin Noll (Historical Consultant to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing)
Economics and Human Biology
- John Komlos (University of Munich)
- EH.Net Reviews
Book Reviews in Economic and Business History
- Senior Book Review Editor
- Robert Whaples (Wake Forest)
- Website Review Editor
- Ranjit Dighe (SUNY-Oswego)
- Associate Book Review Editor (Business History)
- David Mason (Georgia Gwinnett College)
- Associate Book Review Editors (Europe)
- Timothy Guinnane (Yale University)
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur (l’Université de Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne)
- Jonathan Liebowitz (University of Lowell)
- John Lyons (Miami University)
- Peter Wardley(University of the West of England, Bristol)
- Associate Book Review Editor (Latin America)
- Richard Salvucci (Trinity College)
- Associate Book Review Editor (Middle East)
- Metin Cosgel (University of Connecticut)
- Associate Book Review Editor (South Asia)
- Prasannan Parthasarathi (Boston College)
Economic History News and Announcements
- Price Fishback (University of Arizona)
Economic History Research Ideas
- Gregory Clark (University of California – Davis)
Teaching Economic History
- Marcia J. Frost (Wittenberg University)
David Mitch (University of Maryland-Baltimore County)
John Murray (University of Toledo)
“How Much Is That?”
- Samuel H. Williamson
Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Simon Ville (University of Wollongong)